Thursday, July 12, 2007

My hard work..finally..paid off!

I have worked very hard in this country to create property here. I cherish my house which is a beautiful two family house. I live in one part and lease the other part for rent so that I can repay the loans on the house. I have always had good tenants, but last time, I somehow made a mistake. I let my house out to some foreigners. They were 2 students earlier, but soon 2 more moved in and they requested me to accommodate for a couple of months. I accepted their request thinking they are students, how could they pay more. Soon they started creating a nuisance. They started getting their women friends at the house and they used to party all night. There was smoke and booze flowing, though I had mentioned it in advance that I am a Muslim and there should be no drinks brought to the house. When I confronted them and told them to vacate my house on these grounds, they simply refused. They said do whatever you can. We are not vacating. I knew that if I went to the court, it will take around 6 months, and they will not pay the rent. I could not afford to pay the loans without the rent income. I called Peer Syed Saheb and requested him to help me to save my life’s earning. He agreed to help me. After two weeks, the leader of this gang, called me and requested to meet me. We met outside our house. He told me that he is vacating the place this weekend. He also told me that he does not have enough money to pay off the total rent, and that he will pay 50% of it only. I was glad that I was getting something out of it. I thanked him. They actually vacated the house that very Saturday and gave me the check for the balance money. Thank you so much Peer Saheb. You helped me save my house. Shukriya.

No comments: