Thursday, July 12, 2007

Regained my status!

I am new to the USA. I am still on H1B and working very hard to live here and earn a decent living for myself and my family. Recently, I lost my job due to some problems in the office. I had to find a job immediately to keep my H1B on status. I tried finding a job, but it did take a long time for me to find the job. I was out of job for 4 months and then I got my next assignment. We filed for my transfer, but my lawyer was not sure that my case will be approved as I did not have current pay stubs. He said that I was already out of status, and the Department might just deport me. Soon, there was a query on my case, and though we did send the reply, my lawyer told me to keep my bags packed already as he was sure that the case will be declined. I was very upset as I was in no position to return to my home country at this time. In my desperation, I called Peer Syed Saheb. He told me that I could stay here and this same company will agree to file for my Green Card as well. He assured me that he will help me and also told me to start making plans for the future here. To tell the truth, I did not relax a bit. After two weeks, my lawyer called me and told me that he is very surprised. He has received an approval for my case. I was thrilled. Thank you so much Peer Saheb. Now I can stay back here and plan for my future. You were my only friend in the time of distress when no one else could have helped me, you did. How will I ever repay you? Thank you so much.

No comments: